Director, SEO Strategy
The Director of SEO Strategy is probably the coolest role at LSG. Your job will be to craft custom SEO growth strategies for some of the biggest sites in the world, and some of the smallest. You will also be the “voice of Google” within our organization. You will be responsible for:
- Creating comprehensive SEO strategies for clients using data to make decisions
- Working with clients to adjust SEO strategies based on business needs
- Creating and/or reviewing proposal for new SEO tools that can increase productivity
- Troubleshooting/triaging client SEO performance issues with our Technical SEO Analyst
- Owning the product roadmap for Squeryl.ai, our SEO productivity toolset, and managing developer communication to the rest of the company
- Educating the rest of the organization on changes in SEO best practices
- Driving cutting-edge SEO research
You are a great fit for this role if you have:
- 10 years of SEO experience + understanding of SEO best practices (and you have loved it)
- Large Site SEO experience (1B URLs turns you on)
- Technical SEO experience (you like finding needles in haystacks)
- Customer/Client handling experience (you don’t mind talking Marketing types off SEO ledges)
- Product Owner experience
- Project management experience with diligent research skills
- Exceptionally clear oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Majestic
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
- Can work autonomously and comfortable with ambiguity (but also knows when to ask for help or clarification)
- Strong analytical mindset and skills, knack for trouble-shooting, excellent problem-solving skills
- Agency experience preferred, but not required.
What we Provide:
- Salary: 125-135 DOE
- Remote (WFH): U.S Applicants only at this time. We are a virtual company but prefer employees who can overlap with the rest of the team ~6 hours a day.
- Medical Insurance: LSG pays 100% of your monthly premiums (Vision/Dental offered at employee cost)
- Vacation: Unlimited PTO + last week of the year off. Just deliver on those KPIs and you are good to go.
- Participation in company 401K and profit-sharing program after 3 months
- Paid travel to our LSG “retreats” (we all get together in a fun city)
- $1K Home Office Stipend
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- 10% commissions on any business you bring in
If you’re serious about SEO and ready to make a move, get in touch
Equal Opportunity Employer: Local SEO Guide provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin and ancestry, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions) or sex stereotype, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or religious creed, age, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Local SEO Guide is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at Local SEO Guide and is an important principle of sound business management. Company prohibits unlawful discrimination against any job applicant, employee or unpaid intern by any employee of the Company, including management and co-workers.