A 100% Certified Fresh Take on SEO 🍅
In this episode of the SEO Stakeholder Series Podcast, Andrew Shotland speaks with Alejandra Brizuela, VP of Fandango Product Portfolio at NBCUniversal, she discusses how they optimize their website for SEO, approach SEO within the organization, and implemented a creative SEO idea to solve a strategic problem and gain more organic user traffic.
VP of Fandango Product
As the VP, Head of Product & UX/UI for Fandango, Brizuela oversees product development for the company’s digital portfolio, including Fandango, Flixster, Vudu and Rotten Tomatoes.
Brizuela helps shape Fandango’s product strategy to create compelling experiences for consumers, no matter where they are in the entertainment journey – from movie and TV discovery and recommendations to theatrical ticketing to home entertainment.
Prior to Fandango, Brizuela was VP/Head of Product for the startup eSalon (acquired by Henkel) overseeing product management, design, CRM, and Business Intelligence. Previously, she was Product Manager of Worldwide Singles for dating site eHarmony, Marketing Manager for Disney
Mobile, and Technical Editor for IAC, where she helped create Ask Jeeves En Español.
A native of Argentina, Alejandra holds an MBA from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a BA from the University of Buenos Aires.
“As the head of Product for Fandango & Rotten Tomatoes it’s one of our strategies to acquire traffic, of course – a very, very, very important one….SEO falls under the category of super important but not always very urgent…we have to always dedicate some time to SEO. Think of SEO as our daily vitamin.”
- (00:00) – Introduction
- (1:35) – Alejandra Brizuela’s role and responsibilities in Fandango/Rotten Tomatoes
- (04:36) – Prioritizing the challenges
- (08:30) – Solving strategy problems with features like the Tomatoemeter
- (14:47) – Who is incentivized to fake movie reviews?
- (15:50) – How much of the verified audience score is automated?
- (16:56) – How do the different departments at Fandango/Rotten Tomatoes interact?
- (22:21) – Fandango/Rotten Tomatoes during the pandemic
- (24:12) – How have things shifted going out of the pandemic?
- (27:04) – How has consumer behavior changed in entertainment media?